Debug target is missing - how to set in VS 2010 Express?

Jump to solution
08-29-2013 10:44 AM
JakubSisak
Occasional Contributor III
I updated ArcGIS from 10.1 to 10.2 and recompiled all Addins with ArcObjects 10.2. I am having an issue with 1 addin that accesses a custom tool in a toolbox and want to debug the project. However, when i hit run I get a "...the debug target '' is missing" erro message. The path is still set to the Desktop10.1 target - HOW DO I RESET IT to Desktop10.2 in VS 2010 EXPRESS. I only found instruction on how this can be dine in the full version if VS but this option is not avaialble in the express version.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27088[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JakubSisak
Found it:
Open ProjectName.vbproj.user (Where ProjectName is the actual name of the project) in notepad and change Desktop10.1 to Desktop 10.2:

<PropertyGroup>
  <StartAction>Program</StartAction>
  <StartProgram>C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\Desktop10.1\bin\ArcMap.exe</StartProgram>
</PropertyGroup>

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JakubSisak
Found it:
Open ProjectName.vbproj.user (Where ProjectName is the actual name of the project) in notepad and change Desktop10.1 to Desktop 10.2:

<PropertyGroup>
  <StartAction>Program</StartAction>
  <StartProgram>C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\Desktop10.1\bin\ArcMap.exe</StartProgram>
</PropertyGroup>
0 Kudos
DrewDowling

Another way is or right click on solution and chose properties then the debug tab. Next make sure the "Start external program" option i selected and brows to the correct ArcMap.exe path.

0 Kudos