Performance Optimisation AGSFeatureLayers

Jump to solution
08-07-2013 11:43 PM
MariusGächter
New Contributor
Dear All

I have a performance issue with the app I'm developing.
Basicly it's a map with about 30 AGSFeatureLayers on it, each representing a floor of a building. There are 15-40 rooms, represented by a graphic, on each floor(AGSFeatureLayer). Each graphic contains 3 attributes.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26563[/ATTACH]

The performance monitor of XCode says, that the app uses up to 200MB RAM when the map is open and when I open the map, the CPU is used 112% (no idea how this is even possible) for up to 7-10 seconds. I get these values when I test with IPhone4, with IPhone4S the map gets opened faster.

I used exactly the same approach on Android, there everything worked fine.

One idea, that came in my mind, is to delete 2 of the 3 attributes a graphic contains, because I only need one of them. Would that be possible and/or useful?

I'm thankful for every hint you can give me.

Thanks very much.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DiveshGoyal
Esri Regular Contributor
what version of the SDK are you using? We made many improvements at 10.1.1-Update1 in the memory and cpu consumption of feature layers. Please upgrade to Update1 if you are using 10.1.1.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DiveshGoyal
Esri Regular Contributor
what version of the SDK are you using? We made many improvements at 10.1.1-Update1 in the memory and cpu consumption of feature layers. Please upgrade to Update1 if you are using 10.1.1.
0 Kudos
MariusGächter
New Contributor

Perfect! now it uses only up to 60MB.

Thanks very much!
0 Kudos