Warning 000970, attribute index issue; help please!

08-07-2013 11:20 AM
MattDawson
New Contributor
Hello,

Working in model builder (beginner) , trying to update/ combine two attribute tables, however I cannot continue to work due to:
"Warning 000970" It states I must add an "attribute index" however after adding it to the appropriate areas I am still encountering this issue. I have searched forums far and wide and have tried just about everything. Anyone there have any suggestions?

I am working out of 10.1 and am at a complete dead end.

Thanks,
Matt
0 Kudos
1 Reply
DaleHoneycutt
Occasional Contributor III
This is just a warning, meaning that the tool/model will still execute, it just will execute slower than if you had an index.

If you added an attribute index but are still getting a warning in ModelBuilder, it may be because you need to validate the model (the icon with the checkmark on it, or from the Model Menu, choose Validate).  When in a ModelBuilder session, ModelBuilder isn't aware of changes to data you make outside of ModelBuilder.  That's what validate does -- refreshes all the data and variables. 

If this doesn't do the trick, then the only thing I can think of is that you didn't create the index on the right dataset.
0 Kudos