3D Multipatch editing

08-01-2013 07:12 AM
GIS-Cambria
Occasional Contributor II
Is it possible to edit a multipatch height by a setting value? I've exported a 2d extruded layer to multipatch but the extruded value is not coming across. For example: I have a building over a sloped DEM. The extrude setting was set to +75' add to max height (or min height, both work for extruding). However when I get the resulting multipatch it comes as a wedge from the dem to a height, but not the height expected. Have a look @ the screen shot: Transparent green is extruded 2D using baseheight from DEM and +75' from max height. Black wedge is resulting multipatch.

Am I missing some settings? Can I edit the resulting multipatch and pull it to the correct height?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26384[/ATTACH]
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JeffreySwain
Esri Regular Contributor
The exported multipatch should exhibit the same qualities as the extruded polygon.  If you are not getting the same effect, then I would consider what has changed.  Are you using a different coordinate system or switching units?  Something has changed and I would look into the creation of the multipatch as their isn't a mechanism in ArcGlobe/ArcScene to modify a multipatch. You could start from the polygon in City Engine and then drag/edit it there.
0 Kudos
GIS-Cambria
Occasional Contributor II
Nothing is changed. I'm starting with a simple building polygon and extruding it. I'm using the GP tool, 3D Analyst Tools/Conversion/Layer 3D to Feature Class. My units are all the same and I've tried using a) only the feature in ArcScene by itself and b) with a DEM source and baseheight/extrusion based on that. In both cases the results are: a) a flat multi patch, b) the wedge as shown in the image.

CityEngine is not an option since I don't have a license for that.

I'm using 10.1 SP1, Win7 64B OS.
0 Kudos