Parcel Fabric

07-15-2013 06:17 AM
Labels (1)
LeahNolan
New Contributor
Hello,

I posted this in the general desktop forum and they directed me here for potential for this problem:

I am trying to create a parcel fabric for a project and I am pretty much lost. I have the ESRI white paper on it for loading data into a parcel fabric but being newer to ArcGIS, I am not catching on to how to create the parcel fabric. Where I am currently stuck is creating a topology. I have created one but the white paper says that I need to load rules but when I try to load any rules, the option does not appear to load them. I have never tried to create a topology before and I may have gone wrong there so if anyone can offer any advice I would be eternally grateful.

Advice that was given to was that I need to create a feature dataset and then load the parcel fabric but when I try to load anything I get this warning:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25926[/ATTACH]

I am rather new to ArcGIS and if this again is the wrong forum for this please let me know but any suggestions will be well received. Thank you and have a great Monday.

Leah
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
ChrisCorwin
Occasional Contributor II
http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.1/index.html#/Workflow_migrating_parcel_data_to_the_parc...

Is this the document you are following? The errors you are getting/showed would tell me that you have not properly created or named the feature classes. You should have a polygon, a polyline, and a point feature class. So, 3 feature classes. And they need to be properly named. Not sure what that is off the top of my head but is likely in the link above.
Hope that helps getting you moving forward.
0 Kudos
WalidAlmasri
New Contributor II

The easiest way to create the topology is to do it in catalog.

You'll have to right click the feature dataset, point to new, topology.  Once it's created, right click and go to properties.  From there, you can add your rules such as, polylines must be covered by polygons and polygons must be covered by polylines.

Be sure your data is not in use.

You may want to read up on the local government model and parcel fabrics.  You'll need to DL this information and use their staging data Tax Parcel Editing | ArcGIS for Local Government be sure you enable the local government model on the new fabric.

It's probably easier this way than trying to create it from scratch.  You'll load your data (polygons and polylines) in type 6/7 and validate that topology (rules are set).

See here for my issues and solution to not being able to load the type 7 data into fabric.  I too am learning how to use fabric.

Load Topology to a Parcel Fabric - Must Contain Features Error

0 Kudos