Raster Spatial Join

08-04-2010 01:26 AM
ShaunWeston
Occasional Contributor
Is it possible to do a spatial join with raster data in any way?

I've got a raster integer for an area and I want to bring into this rasters attribute table the value from another raster, which covers the same area.

So basically what I want to do is click identify and point to an area on this layer and it will bring up the pixel value for the layer, as well as the pixel value for another layer.

Is this possible? or would it be easier to convert it all to vector and do it that way?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
ShaunWeston
Occasional Contributor
Thanks for the reply.

That's great that it brings the attributes across, but not so good that it assigns a new value for each unique combination of input values in the output raster.

I've got a raster that I've created with the Fuzzy Overlay tool, and I can convert that to integer and I want an attribute table that states what each of the inputs are into the fuzzy overlay, so I guess each object in the raster attribute table will have a value for each of the inputs that went into making it. Fuzzy Overlay obviously doesn't bring this information across, but I thought if I could do some sort of intersect or spatial join, I could capture all the attributes for the other layers.

I get an error 'Too many unique values' when doing the combine anyway.
0 Kudos