Map Service Failing to Publish

06-06-2013 10:45 AM
BenjaminViss
New Contributor
Using ArcMap 10.0, I created a simple point .mxd and published it to the server. The service is running and gives no errors. But when I add the service layer to the config.xml of ArcGIS Viewer for Flex it doesn't show up. I investigated the ArcGIS/rest/services of the MapSever Layer and when clicking the "All Layers and Tables" it is empty. Could this be my problem? Why did I not get any error messages when publishing and why can I see the data and tables in the .mxd? Any help would be great.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25087[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
3 Replies
nicogis
MVP Frequent Contributor
Have you details in log Windows or log ags?
0 Kudos
BenjaminViss
New Contributor
Have you details in log Windows or log ags?

Can you please tell me how I can get these for you?
0 Kudos
kennburnett
New Contributor
I have a similar problem seemingly caused by SP5 update to ARCGIS Server 10.0. I had .mxd published and being used through the rest endpoint. When I installed SP5, all of my Restful services disappeared. There is nothing listed under the cache in IIS. It appears the updated to SP5 removed the web.config file for the rest and soap services. Does anyone know how I can replace those? I have considered do a web server post install again; however this is a production system, and if the post install goes poorly (as is sometimes the case), I could be without critical services. The map service itself is still working and in use by many, but other systems taking advantage of the rest endpoint, no longer have a map background.
0 Kudos