obrjo181

Shapes not generating

Discussion created by obrjo181 on May 29, 2013
Latest reply on Jul 8, 2013 by MBuehler-esristaff
I've just created a new scene, and imported a geodatabase containing all the layers I'm interested in. I've then imported an obj model from sketchup no worries. But when I try to assign a rule to one of my building footprints it seems to assign, but nothing appears when I generate it. I've checked all the usual stuff such as the show/hide shapes and models etc but none of that seems to be affecting it. I successfully use this same rulefile on the same parcel in other scene's (and checked that they're still working). I also tried to create a whole new scene to see if there was a bug in my scene but to no avail...any suggestions please?

Secondly I tried to export the same model from above from a different scene as an obj and import it into this scene, but once it's imported I can't seem to move it, it seems static. Is this normal?

On a different note I was wondering if there was a way to create a shape parcel between my roads but excluding my building footprints so that I don't have issues with two shapes on top of each other? Would be useful for creating gardens etc...

I've attached a picture which I hope will help you understand the scene I'm working with.

Attachments

Outcomes