AnsweredAssumed Answered

Intersecting features without changing database of two separate road networks

Question asked by mjaredthomas on May 20, 2013
Latest reply on May 22, 2013 by mjaredthomas
I have tried searching for an answer in the forums and was unsuccessful - hopefully this isn't a repeat question and I apologize in advance if my terminology is not correct, as I am still new to the program.

I am working on a map of my university and the campus is drawn out and has a data set/feature class for its streets. I am now mapping the streets just outside of the campus boundary and want that to blend seamlessly with the polygons in the first campus street data set. I managed to draw all my off campus streets with the proper symbology settings so that the intersections in that data set merge seamlessly making the entire network of roads look like they transition smoothly together (if that makes sense).

What I can't figure out is if that same method would somehow work for two different feature classes. Do I don't know if I can specify that I wish to dissolve the outline of one network of roads where it meets the outline of another road network. Basically the east/west streets hit the north/south border street of the campus. At that junction I see the north/south street's outline cut straight across the intersection of the east/west streets. I want to get rid of that line crossing the street, but keep the outlines that are along the rest of the road networks.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24521[/ATTACH]

Attachments

Outcomes