sjacksonesriaustralia-com-au-esridist

Tracking Layer - Update option over Add?

Discussion created by sjacksonesriaustralia-com-au-esridist Employee on May 15, 2013
Latest reply on Apr 6, 2017 by MKellyesri-ireland-ie-esridist
I have been doing some testing with the location tracking layer in Collector.

Some questions:

At the moment, I am getting a series of new points added to the layer which are a past record of where my collectors have been.  There is an attribute for accuracy, but none for the collector user, or a timestamp.

Q1. Without these, how might one know which dots relate to which user, and when that user was there?
I tried enabling editor tracking, but this still does not feed in a timestamp?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24348[/ATTACH]

Without these attributes, I am unable to symbolise or apply a definition query to show a 'snail trail' for each collectors movements in the last XX minutes.

Q2. How can I change the tracking layer to just show me the current position of my collectors, so that these can be seen in applications like Dashboard?  I want to make the tracking layer an UPDATE as opposed to an ADD, but I cant see this option available?

For the demonstrations that were done at Dev Summit, I assume this was making use of GeoEvent Processor?

It might well be that I have missed a step in configuration and the above Questions might involve going back and changing something.  Thanks.

Attachments

Outcomes