How to display point features w.r.t field values of a polygon file in arcgis 9.3.1 ?

04-25-2013 02:08 AM
saravanaganesh
New Contributor II
I have a point & polygon shapefile. Point file has a field namely, Type: atm,hospital,school etc... Polygon file has a field Zone: Zn1, Zn2, Zn3. There will be two combo boxes which will populate this two fields respectively (Fig)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23756[/ATTACH]

What i like to do is.......If i select school & Zn2 in the comboboxes and click the "Show" button...... only schools which fall under the Zn2 polygon should be displayed. I m a newbie to both arcobjects & to this forum. Any sort of comment will be of a great help. Trying it for the past two days

(ArcGIS Version 9.3.1, VBA )
0 Kudos
2 Replies
NeilClemmons
Regular Contributor III
If you want to filter a feature layer in your map to show only a subset of the features it contains then you can set a definition query on that layer.  Use IFeatureLayerDefinition.DefinitionExpression to set the query.
0 Kudos
saravanaganesh
New Contributor II
If you want to filter a feature layer in your map to show only a subset of the features it contains then you can set a definition query on that layer.  Use IFeatureLayerDefinition.DefinitionExpression to set the query.

Thanks a lot for your timely reply. It works fine for the features within the same shapefile. What i like to do is........... Select "Point features which has certain id" from "polygon features which has certain id"

Ex: Select point features of "Type = school" from polygon features(which will be in a polygon shapefile) of id "Zone = Z1"
0 Kudos