PrintTask, TextSymbol, PictureMarkerSymbol and Base64 encoded images

04-04-2013 03:21 PM
mbunambuna
New Contributor
When will the API support strokes/outlines/halos on esri.symbol.TextSymbol? It seems like a very high value feature for cartography, and TextSymbols output to an svg "text fill" element anyway, which supports strokes on text.

I ask because while it's not been a big deal to implement a solution for that locally within the browser, esri.tasks.PrintTask nor the server have any concept of a stroke. And as it's been mentioned a few times already on these forums, the PDF returned also fails to honor Align, Offset, and in my own testing, Angle properties set on the TextSymbol (it rotates in the opposite direction in the PDF).

When will PrintTask support Base64 encoded URIs within esri.symbol.PictureMarkerSymbol? I see in the 3.4 release notes here that PictureMarkerSymbol now supports Base64 URIs, but I've already been using them that way since 3.2 at least, using HTML5 canvas as a workaround for TextSymbol not supporting stroke.

However, when I send these PictureMarkerSymbols to print task, the PDF scales the image up, seemingly in direct relation to it's width to height ratio:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23225[/ATTACH]

This isn't an issue at all when the URL provided for the PictureMarkerSymbol is a remotely hosted image file.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
mbunambuna
New Contributor
Also curious why an "Arial" label renders fine in the browser, but is rendering as "Verdana" in the PDF. We're running ArcGIS on an Ubuntu server with Arial installed. Is there a setting in ArcGIS for fonts it's able to use?
0 Kudos