AnsweredAssumed Answered

Understanding the Pompeii Example

Question asked by gregdowning on Mar 31, 2013
Latest reply on Apr 20, 2013 by gregdowning
I am trying to understand the Pompeii Example that I downloaded.

If I open the file w/ out automatically generating the models I an reproduce the same results using the supplied traced footprints by selecting the lots, choosing the Pompeii.cga using the "Footprints" start rule and generating the models.

I get similar successful results when selecting the Streetnetwork that comes w/ the file.

However If I grow my own street network and apply the same rule and start rule and generate models I only get the courtyards w/ trees. You can see a comparison in the image below on the right you can see the streetnetwork that came with the file. On the left you can see the result I get when growing a streetnetwork myself. I have tried adjusting all the street patterns, many of the setting and all of the block settings.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23107[/ATTACH]

The only consistent difference I have noticed between the streets I have grown versus what is supplied w/ the file is that the one that came w/ the file has more lots and they are highly varied in size, also many of the lots are much smaller. This leaves me w/ a few questions.

1. Is it the difference in lot size and variation that is causing the variation in building types?

2. If so, how do I get these variations?

3. Is that a way to inspect exiting street networks and see how it was produced?

4. Are there any docs describing this example in more detail?

Attachments

Outcomes