AnsweredAssumed Answered

3D Barriers

Question asked by estipe on Mar 26, 2013
Latest reply on Mar 28, 2013 by estipe
I am trying to implement 3D barriers from a feature class into a network using a model, but I can't seem to get the resulting barrier to appear on the proper three dimensional plane. The feature class that the barrier is generated from a 3D feature, and displays properly in ArcScene. Yet when I run my model, the barrier that appears in the route layer doesn't retain the 3D information. I need to have the 3D information, as I don't want to apply the barrier to all features just to the features on that specific plane.

I have the barriers set up via a second "Add Location" tool, as a polygon barrier after the Add Location tool that generates the stops. Is there something that I need to set in the tool itself to retain the Z information from the feature class? I do not have "Use Network Location Fields instead of Geometry" selected.

Below a picture of the problem. The green is the feature class, red is the barrier that is created after running the model.

I should also add that I do not need the barrier to be extruded, or represent a three dimensional box or object, just that it needs to have the correct elevation.

Thanks,

eric

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22974[/ATTACH]

Attachments

Outcomes