ArcHydro Issue with Level DEM

03-14-2013 12:54 PM
Labels (1)
JohnCassarow
New Contributor
Just installed Arc Hydro 2.0 on  Arc10 - Windows 7 and I am seeing this error.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22618[/ATTACH]
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
ChristineDartiguenave
Esri Contributor
It looks like there is a space in the temp path where the function tries to write the temporary grid. Check  the value of the environment variable for %TEMP% and if there is a space in there or it is a very long path, you may want to reset it to a smaller path that does not contain spaces or weird characters (e.g. c:\temp).

Christine Dartiguenave
Esri Water Resources Team
0 Kudos
JohnCassarow
New Contributor
Can you provide more information on how to check and reset value of the environment variable? Also, I get errors with all the tools with Hydro, so it looks like it not just Level DEM. I have uninstalled and re-installed multiple times. Thank you for help!
0 Kudos
ChristineDartiguenave
Esri Contributor
In Windows 7, right-click MyComputer (on your desktop or in windows explorer) and select Properties.
Then select Advanced System Settings.
Click the Advanced tab and click Environment Variables.
Modify the path for the TEMP user variable.

This setting is used by most Arc Hydro tools so you would get the errors in multiple places.

Christine Dartiguenave
Esri Water Resources Team
0 Kudos
JohnCassarow
New Contributor
Thanks for your response. As it turns out, Spatial Analyst was not working which may have also contributed to this issue. Once I got Spatial Analyst working the Level DEM tool is working fine.

I appreciate your help.
0 Kudos
RajatChopra
New Contributor
Hello, I have started using Arc Hydro and was following tutorial by esri to learn arc hydro, But when i click LEVEL DEM i get an error stating that "Spatial reference does not have a Z Unit". I tried making changes in adf.prj file where my DEM file was present as my DEM was in UTM i tried making Z Units to 1 m or 100 cm but still I get this error .
Could you please help.??
0 Kudos
JohnCassarow
New Contributor
Your elevation in your dem could be in a different unit.

http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/34619-level-dem-spatial-reference-does-not-have-z-unit
0 Kudos