Not able to add map to the Operation Dashboard through Map Widget

02-27-2013 01:55 AM
AdarshMadhavan
Occasional Contributor
Hi ,

I have an arcgisonline organisational account. I have created and shared a based map and a lcoation tracking service, and I have collected some points using colelctor for arcgis.

Now I installed the Operations Dashboard and created an Operational view.

But I am not able to see the basemap using Widget - Add map widget.

When I select and open the map, the process goes on and never the map is added.

Intellgis
[ATTACH=CONFIG]22209[/ATTACH]

To add, the same thing happen when using multi display and single display Operational views
0 Kudos
7 Replies
DougMorgenthaler
Esri Regular Contributor
Could you share the operation view and map demonstrating this problem?  This would help provide some indication of the underlying problem.

-Doug
0 Kudos
AdarshMadhavan
Occasional Contributor
Could you share the operation view and map demonstrating this problem?  This would help provide some indication of the underlying problem.

-Doug

Dear Doug,

Please see the link to the map

http://bit.ly/XzC461

Operational view is a multi-display one, but only Legent widget added.Not able to add map , thats my problem 🙂
Here is link to Operational view

http://www.arcgis.com/opsdashboard/OperationsDashboard.application?open=772ea92a4164494d9e6c2f3dad12...
0 Kudos
AdarshMadhavan
Occasional Contributor
Dear Doug,

I know its weekend, but any chance that you got a bit of time to enquire into this problem.

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks

Adarsh
0 Kudos
ShellyGill2
Occasional Contributor
I know its weekend, but any chance that you got a bit of time to enquire into this problem.

Hi - I know Doug is away from work for a week or two, so I checked out this map - I can reproduce what you described. I opened the map in Explorer Online and in the web map viewer in ArcGIS Online, and there is one layer which doesnt display anything in either of these applications, but is shown in the TOC, called MyVisit. I'm not sure how this layer was created, but I think it's this which is giving problems in Operations Dashboard - I made a copy of this web map and removed that layer (which doesnt show anything anyway) and then I could load the map fine in Operations Dashboard, and I was able to use the other feature service layer (called Trackme - Location Tracking) as a data source OK. Perhaps you can try re-creating the MyVisits layer and see if it was just a temporary problem with that, or if the same happens again, maybe post more info on how you're creating that layer and perhaps that will help track down further problems.
Hope this helps a little,
0 Kudos
MatthewBryant
New Contributor II
Hi Adarsh,

I'm not sure if you ever solved this but I am experiencing the same issue.  I found that if I create a bookmark at the desired default extent for my webmap and add the bookmarks capability to my operations dashboard map then I can get my map to show up by selecting the bookmark.  It's not ideal but it verified that my webmap was in fact compatible with the dashboard.

-Matt
0 Kudos
AdarshMadhavan
Occasional Contributor
Hi Adarsh,

I'm not sure if you ever solved this but I am experiencing the same issue.  I found that if I create a bookmark at the desired default extent for my webmap and add the bookmarks capability to my operations dashboard map then I can get my map to show up by selecting the bookmark.  It's not ideal but it verified that my webmap was in fact compatible with the dashboard.

-Matt

Dear Maat,

In order to add the bookmark capability to my webmap, I need to browse and select this webmap using Map widget.. But thats not being possible , I am not able to browse and select this webmap in the create Operational view- map selection window..

When the webmap has only a basemap, I am able to add in operational view.. When the any feature service is added to the webmap, I am not able to add the webmap to Operational view

Adarsh
0 Kudos
AdarshMadhavan
Occasional Contributor
Dear all,

With help from one of our colleagues, we found what had went wrong -

We had used satellite imagery as the basemap in the webmap. We did not have enough credits to publish this imagery and hence the webmap was not able to display in Dashboard.

When the same webmap was reconfiured with topographical basemap , the dashboard accepted it.

Dont know ehther this is the real reason, but it worked !!
0 Kudos