Shapefiles will not import to online map viewer

02-22-2013 12:09 PM
LMGarcia_y_Griego
New Contributor
Hello -

When I try to upload a simple zipped shapefile (less than 1000 features, containing .shp, .shx, .dbf, .prj, .shp.xml)
into the web map, the window simply stalls in the "Importing layer..." phase and seems to go on forever.
Files of similar sizes imported almost instantly before, and I am encountering this problem with any shapefile I attempt
to upload (please see example zip file).

Suggestions? Is this a problem with the web interface, or with my original files?

Thanks.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
This is not specific to your shapefile. Currently there is an issue adding shapefiles into web maps. We are working on this issue and hope to have it resolved shortly.

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
DennisJarrard
Esri Contributor
For the benefit of those who receive errors when the services are operating normally: be sure to check the following technical article if you are having problems uploading shapefiles to Esri web applications. There are several key guidelines to check for that can be confusing if you haven't uploaded shapefiles before

Problem:  Receiving errors when uploading a shapefile to ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Explorer Online, Business Analyst Online, or Community Analyst
http://support.esri.com/en/knowledgebase/techarticles/detail/40010
0 Kudos