Secured Image Service disappears on Export Web Map; token authentication fail message

12-12-2012 04:02 PM
RichardNava
New Contributor
I've been exporting to PDF by calling the out-of-the-box Export Web Map Task from my web application using the JavaScript API Print Task. (ArcGIS for Server 10.1 SP1, JavaScript API v3.2). The web map contains an Esri hosted basemap and a secured Image Service layer. When the PDF map export is returned by the server, the secured Image Service layer does not show up on the map; only the basemap. The server logs the following message several times after every Export attempt: SEVERE, layer1: Token-based authentication failure.

If the security on the Image Service is disabled, the layer does show up on the PDF. I've also setup a secured Map Service with the same security settings as the Image Service (same role/user assignment) and the export is successful: the secured Map Service layer shows up on the PDF. So my problem appears to be specifically about token-based-secured Image Service layers.

The user credentials are handled client-side by the JavaScript API Identity Manager, so tokens are acquired and handled automatically.

Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks,

-Richard

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19897[/ATTACH]
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
francescocoletta
New Contributor
Hi Richard,
i have same problem on my AGS 10.1.
There is news ?
Have you solved ?

Thanks

Francesco
0 Kudos
RichardNava
New Contributor
Hello Francesco,

I was not able to resolve the issue. I stopped building this capability into my services because of this problem. I haven't tried 10.2, so I don't know if it was resolved in this new version. I will try it again in the next few months; I'll let you know if it was fixed.

Let me know if you find anything on it!

Regards,

Richard
0 Kudos
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor
This is currently a known issue.  Unfortunately, there is no timeline on a resolution.
0 Kudos
RichardNava
New Contributor
Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for your help! I can't seem to access the link... redirects to a login page that I can't get passed by with my global account credentials.

Thanks,

Richard
0 Kudos
francescocoletta
New Contributor
Same problem reported from Richard, i'm not be able to access to posted link.

Thanks for your reply

Francesco
0 Kudos
francescocoletta
New Contributor
I've found this Bug NIM-089486.
It should be same issue

Francesco

Same problem reported from Richard, i'm not be able to access to posted link.

Thanks for your reply

Francesco
0 Kudos
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor
Ah, sorry, I may have been already signed in with my account when I pasted the link.  The link that Francesco provided should be the public one.
0 Kudos
TanuHoque
Esri Regular Contributor

the bug is fixed in 10.3

0 Kudos