AnsweredAssumed Answered

Create enterprise geodatabase for PostGres

Question asked by m.rickgeosecure-de-esridist Employee on Dec 6, 2012
Latest reply on Dec 10, 2012 by m.rickgeosecure-de-esridist
Hi there,

I try to create a postgres geodatabase at my local machine (windows 7 64 Bit) according to the tutorial from the resource center.

http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.1/index.html#/Tutorial_Getting_started_with_geodatabases_in_PostgreSQL/002p000000t4000000/

Therefore I did the  following steps:

1. Download PostgreSQL from the customer care portal (PostgreSQL_DBMS_for_Windows_101_130033.exe) and the client libs (PostgreSQL_Client_Libraries_for_Windows_101_130031.exe)

2. Install Postgres, copying st_geometry.dll and the client libs

3. Go to ArcGIS Desktop and ran "Create Enterprise Geodatabase"

The tool created the database, the sde user and the sde-schema (for some reason only in the "postgre" default db!) and crashes with the message "Error connecting to database as geodatabase admin".

Now I can see the database in the pgAdminIII (see attached screenshot) and even connect to the database from the ArcCatalog. But when I try to ship data into the database in ArcGIS I gt the error message "There are no spatial types present in the database. Pasting a feature class requires a spatial type to be installed.".

I assume this has to do with the fact that the sde schema is not present in the newly created database (see attached screenshot).

Does anyone have an idea what could be the cause for this?

Regards,
Martin

Attachments

Outcomes