AnsweredAssumed Answered

Dissove Network - throws "Invalid Network" error

Question asked by fairfield1910 on Dec 5, 2012
Latest reply on Dec 20, 2012 by fairfield1910
I'm trying to use the dissolve network tool to dissolvle lines in a SHP file where all streets have a directional heading applied to them (start point to end point). But I simply can't get "Dissolve Network" to work. Here's what I'm doing:

- Right clicking on the supplied SHP file (see attachment) in Catalog -> New Network Dataset
- Leaving all settings in the New Network Dataset Wizzard default (tried other settings as well but it didn't help for me).
- Message "New Network Dataset has been created. Would you like to build it now?" - Yes
- Message "Do you also want to show all feature classes that participate?" - Yes
- After that the new network is created and visible.
- Catalog -> System Toolboxes -> Network Analyst Tools -> Network Dataset -> Dissolve Network
- Using the pulldown menu to select recently created "tester.nd" as input network dataset
- That's where I'm getting the following error message: "ERROR 030070 Invalid network dataset type."

I spend a few hours browsing the forums, reading through the help files supplied by ArcGis but I couldn't find out what's wrong with my input file. Any ideas would be highly appreciated.

Attachments

Outcomes