How to remove "Blue Wave Background"

11-25-2012 11:36 PM
PeterWilson
Occasional Contributor III
I'm currently busy setting up an ArcGIS Online Homepage for a client as a proposal. I need to remove the "Blue Wave Background" that is present by default as it doesn't work with the client's website. I'm hoping that this is a simple task, but have not been able to find a way how to accomplish this.

Regards
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
mollygroome
New Contributor
Sure. Go to "My Organization" (up top) and click the "Edit Settings" button, then the "Home Page" tab on the left. There are 5 banner images to choose from, or you can upload your own image - but make sure it the right size/dimensions ( 960 pixels wide by 180 pixels high) or it gets stretched.
0 Kudos
PeterWilson
Sure. Go to "My Organization" (up top) and click the "Edit Settings" button, then the "Home Page" tab on the left. There are 5 banner images to choose from, or you can upload your own image - but make sure it the right size/dimensions ( 960 pixels wide by 180 pixels high) or it gets stretched.

Please note that I'm referring to the blue wave background, not the banner. I've replaced the banner already with a custom banner containing the companies logo.

Regards
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
The background can't be changed at this time. It's something we're considering for the future, however.

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
PeterWilson
The background can't be changed at this time. It's something we're considering for the future, however.

Thanks,

Mike

I've just found out that there's a work around using CSS. If anyone has the necessary steps in how to accomplish this, it would be appreciated.

Regards
0 Kudos