jQuery Layout Map issue.

10-30-2012 08:21 AM
AndrewDavis
New Contributor
I've got a jQuery Nested Layout which I am trying to incorporate an ESRI map into.
Similar to: http://layout.jquery-dev.net/demos/nested.html

I am getting odd behavior from the wms.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18845[/ATTACH]

Has anyone used jQuery and a map in a layout?

Andy...
0 Kudos
4 Replies
JeffJacobson
Occasional Contributor III
Did you include a reference to the esri.css file?  This requirement was added to the JS API fairly recently, and if you omit it the results look like what is show in your screenshot.
0 Kudos
AndrewDavis
New Contributor
Did you include a reference to the esri.css file?  This requirement was added to the JS API fairly recently, and if you omit it the results look like what is show in your screenshot.

I checked, and yes I have a ref to the esri.css file.. 

Andy.
0 Kudos
derekswingley1
Frequent Contributor
I would double-check that you've included a <link> tag to bring in esri.css and make sure it's being loaded via your browser's dev tools. That seems to be the most likely explanation for the issue you're seeing.

I put together a version of their "nested" sample and it works. It's attached as a .zip file.

Edit:  You also said "WMS" but the screen shot looks like it's showing the standard ArcGIS Online Streets basemap. Did you mean tiled service? I used the streets tiled service in my example.
0 Kudos
AndrewDavis
New Contributor
I would double-check that you've included a <link> tag to bring in esri.css and make sure it's being loaded via your browser's dev tools. That seems to be the most likely explanation for the issue you're seeing.

I put together a version of their "nested" sample and it works. It's attached as a .zip file.

Edit:  You also said "WMS" but the screen shot looks like it's showing the standard ArcGIS Online Streets basemap. Did you mean tiled service? I used the streets tiled service in my example.

Yes,

Thank you for your help. 

I appreciate the forums quite a bit..

Andy
0 Kudos