Zoom to Scale Widget

Jump to solution
02-09-2017 02:23 PM
AdamVellutini
New Contributor III

I am curious if anyone has created a custom Zoom to Scale widget for Web AppBuilder?  We created one that works but it requires that you have a dynamic map as a basemap in your web map.  Otherwise you are restricted to the scales of a tiled basemap.  I wanted to see if anyone else has created one and was able to circumvent having a dynamic basemap.

The reason I ask is this: I have created a vector tile layer that I would like to load into my web map.  However, I am finding that you can't do that because the tiling scheme is different than the basemap.  When creating a vector tile layer you are required to use an AGSOL tiling scheme.  "At this time, only the ArcGIS Online/Bing Maps/Google Maps tiling scheme is supported, so your map must use this scheme."  I could change my basemap to an ESRI tiled map but it makes the Zoom to Scale widget unusable the way we'd like to use it.

This may be a shot in the dark but thought I'd check here.  Thank you for any feedback or information.

Cheers,

Adam

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Adam,

The silverlight API was the only API that was ever able to get past a basemaps LODs. So the answer is no when using the JS API you are confined to the scales that the basemap has set.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Adam,

The silverlight API was the only API that was ever able to get past a basemaps LODs. So the answer is no when using the JS API you are confined to the scales that the basemap has set.

simoxu
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

With ESRI Vector Basemap, this restriction should be lifted. I haven't tested anything, but I feel it should not be a problem (pixelation) when you have the data loaded in the browser, theoretically speaking.

0 Kudos
AdamVellutini
New Contributor III

Thank you Robert.  That's pretty much what I expected.  I will see if I can add the layer to the WAB application dynamically when it loads.  I am using the developer edition so I assume there's a way.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
KerrieOsborne1
New Contributor

Hi

Would you be able to share your custom widget please, as that's exactly what I'm after?  I'm surprised it's not a standard one.

0 Kudos
Christopher28
Occasional Contributor

Hello Adam,

would be very nice if you'd provide your widget here.

Thank you
Christopher

0 Kudos
SimonJackson
Occasional Contributor III

Anyone got a widget for this? I have web maps that have only vector tiles or dynamic map services as basemaps, so its possible, just hoping a widget exists already? 

0 Kudos