Will final 10.3 Web AppBuilder support custom widgets?

Jump to solution
09-25-2014 08:01 AM
RobinPaone
New Contributor II

The ArcGIS Beta Community was notified this week that the release of Web AppBuilder available via ArcGIS Online and Portal for ArcGIS10.3 pre-release (coming soon) "does not support custom widgets and themes. If you want to create an application by extending or customizing Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS, you should continue to access the Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer edition) through this beta."

Will the final 10.3 Portal for ArcGIS release/Web AppBuilder support custom widgets?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JenniferKuntz
New Contributor III

The Developer Edition will be required to create apps that use custom widgets or themes. The Developer Edition will let you create a complete app to host on your web server. Check out the "Customizing and Extending Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS" workshop video for more details.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
SimonFisher
Occasional Contributor II

I'm also wondering when custom widgets will be supported in release?

0 Kudos
JenniferKuntz
New Contributor III

The Developer Edition will be required to create apps that use custom widgets or themes. The Developer Edition will let you create a complete app to host on your web server. Check out the "Customizing and Extending Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS" workshop video for more details.

SteveStearns
New Contributor II

Robin, we just got Developer Edition of Web AppBuilder (unsure of which beta version) running on our 10.2.2 Portal.  I'm going to try some of the Github and apservices demos floating around out there.  I'll find out 'real soon' if my Node.js, Grunt, and other plugs will work on these within our funky corporate proxy/security environment.  We should probably do lunch somewhere near our respective buildings and compare notes.

0 Kudos