Widget modification

03-25-2016 08:05 AM
QaziIqbal
New Contributor III

I updated the Basemap Gallery Widget and in Edit.html I added one more input box where user can input the overlay service url. I need this service name to be saved in config_BasemapGallery.json together with other information that is saved there.

Every time we edit any basemap, on saving the widget, it updates the config_BasemapGallery.json located under that app folder (server\apps\9\configs\BasemapGallery)

I am not able to write the overlay url in the config_BasemapGallery.json that the user enters in the new custom field in Edit.html.

I need help to know which function is used when the user hits SAVE. I am not able to find that.

Thanks

Qazi

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Qazi,

Are you setting your new overlay url as a new property of the basemap object that is returned from the Edit.js? The function that actually sets the info to the json is the getConfig function in the Setting.js

0 Kudos
QaziIqbal
New Contributor III

Robert

I was working on modifying the basemapgallery widget to give an option to users to add dynamic service on top of base map which will be parcels layer in our case. I completed it.

Thanks for the reply and it helped. I will mark this as correct answer.

0 Kudos