widget customization

Jump to solution
12-13-2017 01:13 PM
Labels (1)
rajujee
New Contributor III

I am new to WAB and widgets. Could you clarify why html starts with "nls". ${nls.fields}, ${nls.add} etc

also how I can understand which class to use where e.g. 

<td>
<div data-dojo-attach-point="btnAdd" data-dojo-type="dijit/form/DropDownButton">
<span>${nls.add}</span>
<div data-dojo-type="dijit/TooltipDialog">
<div data-dojo-attach-point="menu" data-dojo-type="dijit/Menu"></div>
</div>
</div>
</td>

your help is greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ram,

You need to look at Dojo templated Dijit workflow. Creating Template-based Widgets - Archived Tutorial - Dojo Toolkit 

${} in the them means that the value will come from the widget.js file. nls. means that the value comes from the widgets nls folder strings.js file and is a property called "fields" or "add" in the widgets nls\strings.js file (this is for localization of the widget).

Not sure what you mean here... Are you asking about css class rules or object classes?

View solution in original post

4 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ram,

You need to look at Dojo templated Dijit workflow. Creating Template-based Widgets - Archived Tutorial - Dojo Toolkit 

${} in the them means that the value will come from the widget.js file. nls. means that the value comes from the widgets nls folder strings.js file and is a property called "fields" or "add" in the widgets nls\strings.js file (this is for localization of the widget).

Not sure what you mean here... Are you asking about css class rules or object classes?

rajujee
New Contributor III

Thanks Robert for your response. You are very helpful.

I am aware of CSS Selectors however I am wondering how I could reuse WAB CSS classes.  could you direct me to appropriate links and guide.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ram,

There are lots of css files in WAB many are in the jimu.js css folder and the each widget can have a css folder. So it is real hard to answer your question

RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Also don’t forget to mark this question as answered by clicking on the Mark Correct link on the reply that answered your question.

0 Kudos