Where can I change GP Task URLs inside app folder generated by WAB?

Jump to solution
04-21-2017 08:26 AM
FrancescoTonini2
Occasional Contributor II

I am trying to unzip and deploy a web app created with WAB 2.x. onto a different PC. However, I would like to update the Task URL of all my GP widgets to re-route them to a different GIS Server I am using now. Which file(s) should I look at inside my ../webappbuilder/server/apps/<app_number> folder to modify and update the new task URLs and leave everything else untouched on the app structure?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Francesco,

That would be the apps configs/Geoprocessing/config_Geoprocessing.json

View solution in original post

14 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Francesco,

That would be the apps configs/Geoprocessing/config_Geoprocessing.json

FrancescoTonini2

Thanks a lot Robert! Should I just change URL in the "taskUrl" key or also in "helpUrl" and "serverInfo"? Meaning the fist part http://<domain or IP address>/arcgis/rest/ etc. of all the 3 parameters?  

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

All 3

0 Kudos
FrancescoTonini2

Robert,

I have updated all 3 as you said, but now when I try to upload an input file (GPDataFile) to one of my GP widgets, to which I changed the task URL, I get the error below: 

"Failed to execute 'open' on 'XMLHttpRequest': Invalid URL

Do you think this could be caused by the change of task URL? I never got this message when uploading my table before doing the change...

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Correct, That sounds like you have made a mistake in the url.

0 Kudos
FrancescoTonini2

There must be something else going on then, I double-checked all URLs (the 3 above) and they point correctly to the REST end point of the GP services on my new GIS server. I can of course also try to open a ticket with ESRI if you don't know what other reason that error could be caused by. Just wondering.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

So if you enter the url in your browsers address bar it reaches the rest endpoint without issue right?

0 Kudos
FrancescoTonini2

Correct...

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

And the task url has the GPServer/...sometask right?

0 Kudos