What widget do you want most

08-05-2014 05:45 AM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I have been working on a few custom widgets for the Web App Builder, but I would like some input as to what widget/functionality people are wanting most.

The WAB has several great OTB widgets but what (realistic) widgets are missing and would be (in your opinion) great to have?

221 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Anton,

Does the eSearch widget (links listed in the post just previous to yours) not meet your needs?

0 Kudos
AntonSizo
Occasional Contributor

Hi Robert,

the Enhanced Search Widget is a great tool, especially I like the option "All" ) But with Query Widget one's can set up multiple queries for a number of layers, and user will see the list of those queries.

Another thing: it would be great if the result of query is visible in the table attribute widget.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Anton,

The eSearch has the ability to have multiple query per layer as well. The results of a search can also be displayed in the Attribute Table widget if you set the "add as operational layer" option. I have no plans to change my UI to resemble how the Query widget looks as far as choosing the query. I just thought I would let you know that almost all the features you have mentioned are already part of the eSearch.

0 Kudos
JeremieCornet1
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Anton,

For the first point, i made an url widget wich tracks extents change on url and go to the extent passed in url on load :

URL widget (extent tracking...)

It would be possible to add a mecanism to parse page links with class "link" and to replace a pattern ({{extent}} for example) with "extent (extent=xmin,ymin,xmax,ymax)".

Therefore, you could add links with dynamic extent param (http:/myurl/anApp/?{{extent}}).

@Robert, would you add to your esearch widget a mecanism to push esearch params in url ? So It would be easier for users to share links.

NB : it could be done with publishData and URL widget (No, i'm not being parochial for a minute 😉 )

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jeremie,

I have never really considered this. I will add it to my enhancement request list though.

0 Kudos
PaulHeersink
New Contributor III

Time-enabled widgets!

0 Kudos
JeremieCornet1
Occasional Contributor II

An off-line widget could be amazing (caching vector layers and tiles).

And adding-support to offline edit on edit widget !

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jeremie,

I did mention reasonable widget suggestions right?

ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

Since we're expanding the horizon of reasonable widget requests, I want the Robert Sheitlin Widget, where all I have to do is put Robert in my WAB config file and it just does everything.

BarnabyRockwell
Occasional Contributor III

I very strongly support the development of this widget.    It's just what I've been looking for.  But I need a Flex version, too!  Ha!

If we don't get this widget soon, I'll have to pay to install a helipad on our roof so that we can fly Robert in when needed.

0 Kudos