What widget do you want most

08-05-2014 05:45 AM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I have been working on a few custom widgets for the Web App Builder, but I would like some input as to what widget/functionality people are wanting most.

The WAB has several great OTB widgets but what (realistic) widgets are missing and would be (in your opinion) great to have?

221 Replies
RichardBuford
New Contributor

Robert,

Not sure if this is the best place for this but I was curious if you could help on a customizing a widget that seems it should be simple. Or if this needs to be a completely new widget. We are trying to customize the ESRI walk-through for the ListView widget that I see you have worked on before. However we are needing to use it to group attributes values say City and on click filter and zoom to those values from the list. This functionality is currently available in Operations Dashboard and the upcoming Experience Builder however we have a need to use it with our current WAB Dev deployment. I have the values grouped using 

query.outFields = [this.config.titleField];
query.returnDistinctValues = true;

on lines 51 of the widget.js from your fix here 

https://community.esri.com/thread/198771-list-view-custom-widget-for-web-app-builder 

but this did not seem to work correctly as the onclick stopped working as intended.

any help is appreciated, your work and documentation to widget development is phenomenal thank you for all you do.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Richard,

you should start a new thread and attach your code for review.

0 Kudos