What widget do you want most

08-05-2014 05:45 AM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I have been working on a few custom widgets for the Web App Builder, but I would like some input as to what widget/functionality people are wanting most.

The WAB has several great OTB widgets but what (realistic) widgets are missing and would be (in your opinion) great to have?

221 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'd like to see a closest facility widget.

0 Kudos
AliciaCarnell_Wiltz
New Contributor III

Did you ever find a custom filter widget or know where I can get the code from? Thanks

0 Kudos
RyanFortier
New Contributor III

Hello Robert,

Myself and a colleague are producing a web app, it is pretty basic, but there is one piece of functionality that seems to be missing with the Edit Widget, is the ability the add points using absolute x,y. Have you come across any custom built widgets for this?

RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ryan,

Currently No.

0 Kudos
ChrisSergent
Regular Contributor III

Have you also thought about creating custom widgets for the JavaScript API as well; I wouldn't mind learning and helping create widgets in that area, but I'm not sure how to create one on my own yet.

AllisonHoff
Occasional Contributor III

I would like a bookmark widget that I can add to the profile application

or

a profile widget that I can add to another application with bookmarks!

That would be so great!!

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
RoyTeal
New Contributor II

I would like a widget that lets users switch from one web mapping application to another where it passes the extent so that the newly opened web mapping application opens with the same extent. Ideally, it would also have common layers turned on/off. User interaction would be similar to the Basemap widget.

Someone earlier requested a widget that would allow users to switch the underlying Portal web map. That would pretty much accomplish the same thing, although changing between web mapping applications also may change the widgets available to users.

Another widget would be one that runs when the web mapping application is opened and parses the calling url so that a specificed layer would be searched and the features would be zoomed to when the web mapping application opens. This is needed so the web mapping application can be embedded in other systems and open zoomed in to a specific feature.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Roy,

I like the first idea but things will have to progress in WAB (as far as accepted url params) before this will be a posibility.

Another widget would be one that runs when the web mapping application is opened and parses the calling url so that a specificed layer would be searched and the features would be zoomed to when the web mapping application opens. This is needed so the web mapping application can be embedded in other systems and open zoomed in to a specific feature.

This ability exists using my eSearch widget.

Enhanced Search Widget Version 1.1.0.3

You can see this in action by going to the Live Preview Site

0 Kudos
AntonSizo_
New Contributor III

I would appreciate a Enhanced Query Widget. Currently it even does not have "All" or "Any" option in unique values selection.

0 Kudos