web

Jump to solution
05-02-2019 06:03 AM
vipulsoni
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

Please I need help, as per this post (https://community.esri.com/thread/185188-on-screen-widgets) in this forum. I followed the steps to add more placeholders for the widgets but still failed. I want to add custom widget - layer toggle and it work greatly for the pre-added 5 place holders in foldable theme.

I tried in both locations config files.

This is my WAB App in content items folder , it has a config file which is little hard to edit since it shows as a straight line in notepad ++

1. C:\arcgisportal\content\items\f12d5d8f732a4fda9adf425c648b5636

Foldable theme default layout config file

2. C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Portal\apps\webappbuilder\stemapp\themes\FoldableTheme\layouts\default

but it doesn't seem to work at all and gave me an error of true is not defined.

I feel as if there is some change after the 10.6.1 portal release, due to that the steps mentioned in the on screen widgets post doesn't work.

Kindly guide me that which config file for foldable theme i need to work upon and also which preferable js api editor.

Thanks in advance,

Vipul Soni

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Vipul,

Sounds like you have made a syntax error in the json file then. If the C:\arcgisportal\content\items\f12d5d8f732a4fda9adf425c648b5636 is all in one line in Notepad++ then you need to beautify it with a notepad++ plugin for beautifying json. Sorry I do not use Notepad++ so I can not give much more guidance.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Vipul,

Sounds like you have made a syntax error in the json file then. If the C:\arcgisportal\content\items\f12d5d8f732a4fda9adf425c648b5636 is all in one line in Notepad++ then you need to beautify it with a notepad++ plugin for beautifying json. Sorry I do not use Notepad++ so I can not give much more guidance.

vipulsoni
Occasional Contributor

Hi Robert,

Thank you very much for your pointers. I was able to beautify the json but still I am facing the issue in adding placeholders in the foldable theme. Please would it be possible for you to just check my config file.

Thanks,

Vipul Soni

0 Kudos
vipulsoni
Occasional Contributor

Thank you very much for the help, indeed I was having errors in script which I have fixed  (JSMIN Addon plugin for notepadd ++) and was able to successfully add multiple placeholders.

0 Kudos