Web AppBuilder Widgets not Functioning

04-30-2015 05:34 AM
FinbarGillen
Occasional Contributor

Hi all,

I have come across a few problems while developing an App using the Web AppBuilder.

I have added a map service into my ArcGIS Online Web Map straight from my desktop. This map service contains multiple layers which I want in my app. I have then converted this web map into an app. However when I go to use the print function it won't work and comes up with the following error.

Furthermore when I try to use the query widget it will not work properly either, it seems it wont allow me to access data within the attribute table.

Anybody have any answers as to what the underlying problem may be. Any suggestions welcome!

Thank you,

Finbar.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Finbar,

In order for the print widget to work (assuming you are using the default AGOL print service) then all the map services that you want to print have to be publicly accessible so that the AGOL print service can access them. You would do go to configure the print widget to use your own print service from your server.

As far as the Query widget not working, you have not provided enough information. What does your config_query.json look like and what are the errors in the web console?

FinbarGillen
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the reply Richard, I have made the map services within "My Content" accessible to all and it still does not work! Are you suggesting that I now make my own print tool and publish it as a service to AGOL and add it as a geoprocessing tool within Web AppBuilder?

In relation to the query widget, I want to create a tool that allows users to right in the I.D of an area and then the tool highlights this area on the map. In the image below I am using the "Grounds Maintenance" layer and I want to select field CA_ID. In the drop down menu that's open I think there should show the different I_D's that are within the CA_ID field. But for some reason it is not.

If you can get your head round that... Well done!

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Finbar,

No, what I am saying is that the print service has to be able to access all the services you are printing so a local url like http://sv502dc1:6080/arcgis/rest/services is not a FQDN address and will not be accessible to the print service.

As for the query widget from the looks of your screen shot you have chosen the radio button "Field". I think what you are looking for is the "Unique" radio button option instead.

FinbarGillen
Occasional Contributor

Hi Robert,

We as an organisation don't want to put all of our data on ArcGIS Online due to a lot of the information being sensitive. We would rather pull it from our server. I have uploaded a tool that we developed as a "Geoprocessing" widget and it seems to work fine, so I can see what your saying is correct.

I think the same issue is affecting the "Query" widget from working properly. We are currently waiting to get Web Appbuilder Developer Edition to be installed properly (Firewall issues are preventing us), this is holding us back from moving from the Flex viewers to Web Apps.

Thanks for your feedback,

Finbar

0 Kudos
StanMcShinsky
Occasional Contributor III

Finbar,

Also I have had spotty results with the print to pdf. I defaulted it to jpg and it looks like it works more consistently. The only problem is pdf prints better.

-Stan