Web App Builder reporting widget

03-31-2015 03:41 AM
MohammedMogahed
Esri Contributor

I need to create a widget in webappBuilder, to generate a report, that will contain map with its graphical layer, charts, and table.

Is there a widget that does this task, can I use the print widget, customize it and generate output that have this kind of report?

Mohammed Mogahed

41 Replies
SabriGhaith
New Contributor III

Good question,

0 Kudos
PARDPublisher
New Contributor

This is something I am looking for as well.

StanMcShinsky
Occasional Contributor III

You might want to take a look at creating a geoprocessing task to use in the geoprocessing widget.

-Stan

PingYang
New Contributor II

Is that possible to specify a little bit? which geoprocessing tool should I look at?

0 Kudos
PingYang
New Contributor II

I also looking into that widget.

I truly believe it is a necessary widget with the web appbuilder. Are the widget group working on that?

How can I imagine that in the future it will not exist.

0 Kudos
RodWoodfordOld

Yes I agree, reporting functionality is a critical part of spatial workflows. ESRI you need to develop this widget as part of the standard widget interface in WAB.

Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks for your feedback. It is under our consideration.

Jianxia

SebastianRoberts

I set something similar up in my Flex Viewer version for a parcel report, and hope to do it with WAB if nothing better becomes available before I get to it.  Here are the general steps I followed.

1. I created an mxd with a map, and lots of dynamic text such as zoning, school district, etc., that constitute the "report elements". For example the zoning text element is:  <dyn type="document" property="ZONING" emptyStr = "Not available"/>.  This is then published as a print service.
  2. My parcel search tool (in the WAB I would modify Robert Scheitln's eSearch widget) publishes property related attributes if only one parcel is selected.  When the print widget is opened, if data has been published by eSearch, then the user can choose a "parcel report" layout from the print options.  Then the print widget needs to be modified to build the JSON to send the property data with the print request.  Below is a partial example of the Json.  The customTextElements portion is what sends the property characteristics that will then populate the report fields.

Web_Map_as_JSON:

{"mapOptions":{"scale":4513,"extent":{"spatialReference":{"wkid":102100},"ymin":4753914,"xmax":-13474397,"ymax":4754944,"xmin":-13475395}},"layoutOptions":{"titleText":"155 Glasson","customTextElements":[{"Address":"155 Glasson Way"},{"ZONING":"PGVCTY"},.....

Here is an example of the PDF that is output.  In this case the report is pretty simple, but there is no reason you couldn't add more elements.  I don't know how you would do a multipage report using this method though.  Also, I had an issue with our Firewall blocking the http POST request at first, because it gets pretty long with all those text parameters.

untitled.png

Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

Sebastian,

This is a great info. Thanks for sharing with us.

Jianxia

0 Kudos