FabioD_Ovidio
New Contributor II

Any news about Smart Mapping plugin?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

Fabio,

Can you provide an example to what you are thinking about for a "Smart Mapping plugin"?

0 Kudos
FabioD_Ovidio
New Contributor II

Hello,

I know (from Dev Summit) that the capabilities of Smart Mapping for AGOL will be delivered also for WAB as widget.

When more or less?

Thank you

Fabio

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Fabio,

I do not see it in the list of widget coming in the next version so maybe it will make the one after.

0 Kudos
StanMcShinsky
Occasional Contributor III

Fabio,

Smart Mapping is not a plug in or widget. It is part of the AGOL map. The capabilities and enhancements that smart mapping brings are default now in AGOL. When you create a new map in AGOL you have access to better tools to make your maps look better. You then add that web map to your Web AppBuilder and now you can add widgets to use the map better. Here is a blog post from esri about it

Introducing Smart Mapping | ArcGIS Blog

-Stan

FabioD_Ovidio
New Contributor II

Hello and Thanks!

Sorry just to unserstand better your words: "You then add that web map to your Web AppBuilder and now you can add widgets to use the map better"

means that:

if I use Smart Mapping capability from AGOL, than I can use that map from WAB and change the thematism directly from WAB interface (both administrator and final user) as well as from AGOL interface by using widgets? (Which one?)

Thank you again

Fabio

0 Kudos
StanMcShinsky
Occasional Contributor III

Fabio,

Smart mapping is just a catchy phrase to say that there are new capabilities in AGOL to create better looking maps from the defaults. It looks at your data and suggests good ways to view it.

Are asking for a way to change the symbology of the AGOL map from the end user side?

There is a smart mapping module in the api that says :

Description

(Added at v3.13)
This module contains a collection of helper functions used to create pre-configured renderers for smart feature styling.

esri/renderers/smartMapping | API Reference | ArcGIS API for JavaScript

Here are some samples from the api that could be converted to a widget that would help to render the data on the fly.

Smart Mapping - Render class breaks with color | ArcGIS API for JavaScript

Smart Mapping - Show Data by Color | ArcGIS API for JavaScript

Generate renderer | ArcGIS API for JavaScript

Hope this helps some.

-Stan

JakalaSPA
New Contributor II

Hello,

i mean something like this

http://maps.esri.com/AGSJS_Demos/UNData/index.html

is there anything like this in the road map of Web App builder widgets or custom widgets?

Thank you very much!

Fabio