Server requirements for hosting Web apps

05-16-2016 12:02 PM
Nicole_Ueberschär
Esri Regular Contributor

Sorry if this question sounds funny to some of you. I am not familiar with server settings, server hardware and such alike...

I was wondering if there is somewhere a comprehensive list I could give our client to check if his server should be able to host the Web apps we are creating for him with Web AppBuilder Developer Edition 2.0.

Thanks for hints!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Nicole,

I don't believe I have every seen a minimum requirements list for deploying a web app. Basically they need a web server (is running on a windows box then they need IIS installed), and the box needs a publicly accessible url if they are wanting to make their website publicly available. As long as the box meets the web servers minimum requirements then they are good to go.

For IIS here is some info:

IIS 7.0 and Your Hardware

Nicole_Ueberschär
Esri Regular Contributor

Thank you Robert for your always so prompt answers! What would I do without you? 🙂

I feel like I searched the whole WWW for information about this so there is probably really no list with minimum requirements for deploying a web app...

I never heard of a Windows box or IIS before but I guess a System Admin should know 😉

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Nicole,

Yes that is IT people terminology.

0 Kudos