Roberts Custom WAB Widgets

12-31-2014 11:28 AM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
475 Replies
DavidDas__GISP
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Dean,

You are correct. As a workaround, you can use the Draw Widget to draw a polygon boundary around the selected parcel with any line symbol of your choice and even add a Text Label to mark the selected parcel and then proceed to make a PDF with the Print Widget.

0 Kudos
DeanWilson
New Contributor III

Thanks for the quick reply, David.  I'm curious on if it makes sense to just go ahead and save the drawn shape in say local storage in the browser, and when they open the print widget, redraw the box via the saved data.  Not sure if print widget will pick that up or not.  The reason I'm saying that is because our users won't do what your mentioning.  Or is what I just wrote above what you meant in your reply?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Dean,

If the eSearch layer is configured for "Add Result as Operational Layer" it does not matter if the eSearch widget is closed, the search results layer says on the map untill you clear the results.

0 Kudos
LefterisKoumis
Occasional Contributor III

Hello Robert. It seems that your widgets are based on 3.x JS API. Any plans to move to 4.x? Thank you.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Not until WAB goes to 4.x

0 Kudos
SadeghSadeghi-Tabas
New Contributor II

Hi Robert, 

I was wondering how can I add layers with "parent" => "parent" => "child" pattern in the layerlist widget, actually, I don't know how can I define the group layers. I know how we can group layers with "parent" => "child" pattern but I don't have any idea to define a group layers with "parent" => "parent" => "child" pattern. I'd appreciate it if you could help me with this.

Thanks in advance,

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Sadegh,

This is something that has been requested numerous time but is not a possibility currently. You can group layers in your Map Service on ArcGIS Server but Not in code.

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Is it true that you are able to access the eSearch widget for WebAppBuilder (not the developer edition) if you have a Portal (not AGOL)?  If so, can you point me to the documentation on how you add the eSearch widget to the custom widgets list?  I am not looking to customize the code for this widget at this time, just reconfigure the settings like what was done in the flexviewer environment.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Yes using a custom widget is possible in Portal.

Add custom widgets—Portal for ArcGIS | ArcGIS Enterprise 

MaryMillus
New Contributor II

Hi Robert Scheitlin, GISP

I'm trying to find an easy way for the general public to report street light outages, using existing AGOL products, and whatever open source reporting tools that are out there. I have the street light pole location in an AGOL web map and a WAB.  I've tried using a Google form for people to use to report their complaints, which works well enough, however, the two aren't connected. The Google form can't consume any of the street light data from the AGOL map, and I can't make the AGOL popup consume the Google form in any way.

Ideally I would like the public to find the street light pole on the AGOL map, call up a fillable form (or some similar interactive application) that contains the coordinates of the light pole (per the light pole attribute table), which gets saved somewhere for managers to review.  This isn't an unusual process or workflow, but I'm not finding examples on how to develop this process, and the appropriate tools to use.  Any feedback from you, or the GeoNet community is appreciated.  Thanks.

0 Kudos