Roberts Custom WAB Widgets

12-31-2014 11:28 AM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
475 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Mary,

The way I would approach this is to have the street light pole layer as a editable feature layer on your AGOL account and then using the edit widget or smart editor allow them to make their comments/changes. If you want separation of user changes are not seen on the main streetlight layer then you could create a master streetlight layer and an editable one that the users will edit but the changes will not be committed to the master streetlight layer untill the suggested changes are vetted and then manually committed to the master streetlight layer.

0 Kudos
BrianBaldwin
Esri Regular Contributor

Mary Millus‌ - This is a workflow that we have been showing to people with either Survey123 or a simple Web App Builder template as options. Just send me a message and I could set up a time to walk you through a couple options.

I would think that Survey123 would be a good option, as you could configure a form (similar to Google), but then also use the streetlight features as the 'driver' of the form itself.

-----------------------------------

Brian Baldwin, Esri Inc., Lead Solution Engineer
https://www.linkedin.com/in/baldwinbrian
0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

Robert,

It appears as if the Live Preview site for the share widget is 404'd.

R_

0 Kudos
JoeHershman
MVP Regular Contributor

Robert Scheitlin, GISP

I am using the Enhanced Locate widget and trying to make a change to add some extra info to the result list and popup.  It all seems to be working but the extra lines don't show up in the Results list (popup is as expected).  My guess is that there is a style limiting the height or number of lines allowed but I cannot seem to find.

Any thoughts on where I should be looking?

Thanks

-Joe

Found it, this gets built out in the custom List object...

Thanks,
-Joe
JoeHershman
MVP Regular Contributor

Robert Scheitlin, GISP

Something weird I have seen.  On our HA portal configuration the images from the default jimu.js location are not found (error 404).  On our single server dev env. things work as expected.  Seems something with the relative path and a NLB url is out of whack. 

Cheers

-Joe

Thanks,
-Joe
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Hmm. I would definitely contact esri support about that.

0 Kudos
AdamCrateau
New Contributor III

Hello Robert,  How would I alter the listener on the maximize window of the WAB Map.InfoWindow, so rather than the default action it opens your PopupPanel widget instead?

My goal is to mimic the behavior of the 4.x Popup widget's maximize function using your custom widget:

• when you click maximize on the standard map.infoWindow, it opens the PopupPanel
  • when you 'X-out' of the PopupPanel, the widget closes, and the listener is returned to the standard map.infoWindow for the next on(feature, click).
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Adam,

Start by looking a the events that are associated with the maps popup dijit.

https://developers.arcgis.com/javascript/3/jsapi/popup-amd.html#event-maximize 

https://developers.arcgis.com/javascript/3/jsapi/popup-amd.html#event-hide 

When my popup widget is closed it restores the default map popup so that is already done for you.

0 Kudos
AdamCrateau
New Contributor III

Thanks Robert,

The connect class looks straight forward for handling the popup events.  Do you have a recommendation for where in the WAB structure to add these custom events?

I'm not sure if we're having issues, but the PopupPanel does not restore control to the map popup when we close the panel. Subsequently clicking on a feature brings the PopupPanel back (we can't get back to the standard popup without restarting the app).  I see where you are removing the .myPopupHidden css class in the onDestroy() function, but program flow does not seem to reach that function in our implementation.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Adam,

That depends on the theme you are using and what controller you have the widget placed in on that theme. For example if you are using the jewlerybox theme and have the popup panel widget in the drawer then the widget is never actually closed and that event will never be reached.

Honestly this is never a path I have considered so you are venturing into the unknown.