Roberts Custom WAB Widgets

12-31-2014 11:28 AM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
475 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Saif,

There are a number of threads that deal with that subject.

https://community.esri.com/thread/169518 

0 Kudos
Alexwang
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks Robert for these great widgets. Just wonder can you think a reason that the WAB2.5 widgets wouldn't work in WAB 2.7? I understand the 2.5 widgets were developed and tested using WAB 2.5, but both 2.5 and 2.7 use the similar versions of API and the API supposes backward compatible. Please advise.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Each release of WAB uses a new version of the JS API. so that could be the issue. What are the errors presented in the browsers web console?

0 Kudos
Alexwang

Robert, I have WAB 2.7 installed and am planning to install your 2.5 widgets. I am just checking with you to see if these 2.5 widgets are going to work in WAB 2.7 or not. the API versions used by 2.5 and 2.7 have minor differences. Hope the 2.5 widgets are going to work in 2.7.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Alex,

If there are any breaking changes in WAB to my widget or I make enhancements to them then new versions are released. If the widget is till at version 2.5 then it will work in 2.7 or else I would have released a new version that is compatible with the latest release. So if there is no breaking changes in the latest WAB release and I have not enhancements or bug fixes for a widget it will remain at the last version.

0 Kudos
AmyRoust
Occasional Contributor III

Hey Robert, any thoughts on creating a widget that allows the end user to submit feedback on the website to the organization? Maybe something simple like a button that could be configured to send an email to an email address specified by the website developer?

0 Kudos
FrancescoTonini2

Amy, I am chiming in only because I am dealing with the same point you are making. In my case, instead of going through the hassle of building a whole widget just to send an email, I solved it by adding a "Contact Us" link to header of the web app and then went into the main config.json file and added "mailto:<your_email_here>" into the existing "url" property of the "Contact Us" field. Wouldn't this work for you as well?

0 Kudos
AmyRoust
Occasional Contributor III

Simple, yet elegant. My favorite kind of solution! Thanks, Francesco.

0 Kudos
JoeBayles
Esri Contributor

Robert Scheitlin, GISP‌, I continue to be a huge fan! I've got a question - I'm working with a customer that is still stuck on 10.4.1, and using Web AppBuilder 1.x (I think it's 1.10). I tried looking for older versions of your widgets, but couldn't figure out how to get them. Any pointers?

Thanks, keep up the great work!

Joe

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Joe,

I have my old 1.1 widget which specifically?

0 Kudos