Roberts Custom WAB Widgets

12-31-2014 11:28 AM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
475 Replies
BryantKrane
New Contributor

Greetings Robert. 

Thanks for your many magnificent widgets. Recently I used the enhanced search widget it was very good. However, I have in multiple instances realize some widgets are not detected after haven pasted them in the ...stempmap24,widgets, file of my pc as I did for eSearch. This was the case for eBookmark, eBasemapGallery etc. please will like to know if there is more to do after haven downloaded, unzip and paste your custom widget in the right directory. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Bryant,

When you create a NEW app do you see all of them listed in the "choose widget" window?

0 Kudos
LefterisKoumis
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Robert. Will you release any of your widgets for the EB platform?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Currently I am not a React developer so I have not made any plans yet.

0 Kudos
GilbertoMatos
Occasional Contributor II

Hello!

I am using the advanced search widget, which is very good. I'm just having a hard time figuring out how to do it, so when searching for value, all my expressions are shown at the same time, that is, the user can search for more than one field at the same time, eliminating the dropdown of the expression selection and research field. At another time, only through the settings, I managed to do this. However, as it was a while ago, I studied the widget again, but I couldn't find it. 

Thank you!
Gilberto.

0 Kudos
BrianScarlett1
New Contributor

Hello Robert

When using a Portal Creator account with the most recent eSearch widget, all the functionality is available.   When using a Portal Viewer account, the buffer functionality does not work properly.   Is there a setting to help with this?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Brain,

There is nothing in my code that has any concern about what level the user is.... Not sure what kind of issue you are running into.

0 Kudos
MichaelLev
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Robert Scheitlin, GISP,

I made a "AddShapefile" custom widget, but I saw that esri's standard WAB "AddData" widget on 2d maps is very capable and works on several layer formats. As it is coded for the old API version, I have not the knowledge to upgrade it to the new API version. I wish you upgrade the "AddData" widget from the old esri API version to the new one, making it work both for 2d and 3d.

Michael

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Michael,

That is a very large task. I have not looked into that As I have no need for it, so there is nothing I can really say on this subject.

0 Kudos
Nicholas_ISeigal
New Contributor III

Hello Robert,

Are you still actively maintaining these widgets? What is your plan going forward? I imagine many folks are thinking we should move to Experience Builder, but my experience with that so far is that WABDE is still miles ahead in features and available Esri and custom widgets.

I am particularly wondering if you would be interested in making some tweaks to the eSearch widget. I heavily rely on it in many of my apps and it has some annoying features that create work for me, but seem like they would be easy to fix.

Regards,

Nick

0 Kudos