Reports and Graph

04-28-2017 12:26 PM
James_001
Occasional Contributor II

I have crime incident data in arcgis online publish as  feature services. I want to see how to make decision with the help of charts and graph,  This data is already in SQL too,  Do I need some gp reporting tools for the data comparison base on different dates and time through mapping? I am looking for a report builder widget. which can be added in Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Irfan,

Please review this thread: https://community.esri.com/thread/138904 

Hope this helps,

James_001

Derek,

Thanks for your reply, I already vised here too. I am totally confused what is the exact way to make simple data report with pdf out put.

As I mentioned it is crime incident data, I looked every where online cedar charts and etc. but still did not get the whole thing. For now i got some idea which is correct or not? Should I make gp( geoprocessing ) services which make a report by calling in wab.? Or any html page which can be open on request with charts?

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi Irfan,

There is currently no "exact way" to create a simple report with PDF output from Web AppBulder, as there is no official report widget. I think your best option might be to look into this "Screening widget" which is part of the latest Environmental Screening solution: An Introduction to Environmental Screening | ArcGIS Blog 

This widget will be part of core Web AppBuilder in the next ArcGIS Online update.

Otherwise, you will have to look into a custom widget solution (e.g., see Creating a Custom Widget for Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS using the Report Class | ArcGIS Blog), or you could also look into Latitude Geographics's Geocortext product which I believe has some reporting capabilities.

Hope this helps,

James_001

Hi Derek,

Thanks for the reply, Yes that widget "Environmental Screening" is working with me, I am trying to add simple pie and bar charts within that widget for the data comparison. Is it possible ? How to add some more functionality in that widget?

Irfan

DerekLaw

Hi Irfan,

> I am trying to add simple pie and bar charts within that widget for the data comparison. Is it possible ? 

I suppose anything is possible with custom widget development. However, I am not a developer so I can't assist you. Sorry. This would be a good place to start,

Welcome—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) | ArcGIS for Developers 

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
AhnaMiller2
Occasional Contributor

Hi Irfan, Did you ever succeed in adding a pie or bar chart with the screening widget? I am interested in doing something similar. 

0 Kudos
James_001

Ahna,

I tried the screening widget with charting but unfortunately not succeeded due to complication. I am using as it is and graph and charts separate.