Recovering apps and widgets accidentally deleted from WAB Developer version?

01-22-2018 06:28 AM
CharlesBailey
New Contributor III

My app builder dev crashed and in the process deleted/removed one of my apps from the folder on my local machine (the server app, not the stemapp) which had several modified/customized widgets that took a LONG time for me to develop. I could see in the js.node window that the widgets were removed when a corrupted config file was applied to the app. After the crash I was able to get to the WAB homepage but none of the apps would open and in the midst of frantically clicking around I think I deleted the app from the list because I could see it was removed in js.node The builder was not connected to AGOL or any account at that time but was just in a residual webpage that had been running before the incident. But now all is gone and I have no idea where js.node removed them to - not in the recycle bin and Recuva could not find them either. Does anyone know if there is any way to recover theses, or am I just out of luck? Thanks, cob

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Cob,

Sorry to say that you are just out of luck. When an app folder is deleted by builder it does not go to the recycle bin.

0 Kudos
CharlesBailey
New Contributor III

Drat. Well, maybe this will prompt someone to back up their server apps frequently, because there seems to be a hair-trigger on obliterating local files.

0 Kudos
DaveKirkley
New Contributor III

Wow, I guess we're just sadly out of luck on this one.  No room for human error on this one. 

I just lost an app by mistake. And there is no restore function in this ESRI cloud!?!? 

Give me back my recycle bin!  It can be a life saver sometimes in the human world. 

0 Kudos