QUERY TOOL NOT ZOOMING TO SELECTED POLYGON

12-14-2016 03:08 AM
FinbarGillen
Occasional Contributor

Hi all,

I have set up the "out of box" Query tool to select and zoom to a polygon based on two attribute queries (Site Code & Plot Number). In the results box it states it has found the selected polygon but it does not identify it in the box or on the map. I have set up other queries in relation to this layer and they work fine!

I previously had this Query set up in another viewer and it has stopped working as well. Any ideas?

Regards

Finbar

0 Kudos
14 Replies
CarmelConnolly3
Occasional Contributor II

Does this type of query work on other layers? Have you checked to see if there any any geometry issues/projection with the polygon layer in question? If the attribute has no geometry or projection, it won't know where to zoom to.

Is this in WAB in ArcGIS Online, Portal or Dev Edition?

Carmel

FinbarGillen
Occasional Contributor

Hi Carmel,

This query worked before for the layer in question! Its a simple attribute query. I cannot see any issue with the projection. I am developing the app in Web AppBuilder Developer Edition 2.1 and it sits on out internal server.

Finbar

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Have you hidden the shape and or ObjectId fields in the mxd?

FinbarGillen
Occasional Contributor

Hi Robert,

Originally thought this was the issue but I've checked and both fields are not hidden. I have also uploaded the app to WAB Developer Edition 2.2 to see if I could recreate the query in it but it still isn't working.

Finbar

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Finbar,

What errors are shown in the browsers web console if any?

0 Kudos
FinbarGillen
Occasional Contributor

rscheitlin‌,

The Query works when create a web app within ArcGIS Online. Must be some issue with my web appbuilder.

Regards

Finbar

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Finbar,

So there will likely be an error displayed in the browsers web console with you execute the query in WAB then.

FinbarGillen
Occasional Contributor

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Finbar,

Are there no red errors in the console after you have run the query that fails to zoom?

0 Kudos