Print Widget error when Incident Analysis Widget is open

02-28-2018 06:48 AM
MartinOwens1
Occasional Contributor II

I get an error when trying to use the print widget when the Incident Analysis widget is open and has a layer selected. I realize it has something to do with the points it adds to the map because if you don't select one of the layers and just have the buffer graphic it prints fine. Does anyone know know how this can be resolved?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
CCWeedcontrol
Occasional Contributor III

What error does the browser give in the developers console and/or network(response)?

Is this a secure service?

I've never been able to print maps with points at all.

I get error

{"error":{"code":400,"message":"Unable to complete operation.","details":["Error executing tool. Export Web Map Task : Layer \"Address_Points\": Failed to create layer from service at https://blahblah/Address_Points/FeatureServer/0.\nFailed to execute (Export Web Map).\nFailed to execute (Export Web Map Task)."]}}

0 Kudos
JordanBaumgardner

I've seen the "Failed to create layer from service". This usually occurs for me when I forget to allow access from my Print Server to the ArcGis Server. The Print Job get sent to our GP Printing service on Box A, and the ArcGis Rest services are on Box B - Internally Box A spins up a map and connects to Box B, often Box A cannot see Box B using the Public address in the map specifications. You can test this quickly by logging on the Box A using the GPService's/ArcGis NT(the NT creds, not the ArcGis Server creds) login creds and trying to hit your rest services with a Browser.

0 Kudos
JordanBaumgardner

We really need to see the error, but....

We had issues with printing due to the size of the WebMapToJson string combined with a GET call to the server. GET has a character limit and when we added "too much" stuff, it broke. Our solution was to switch the call to a POST.

0 Kudos
MartinOwens1
Occasional Contributor II

This is the error in the console log. I contacted ESRI and submitted a case they said after further review this is a bug in WAB.