Print Plus Widget Issues

02-28-2018 04:01 PM
Labels (1)
GustavoOrozco
New Contributor

Hi Larry,

I'm a GIS Developer and I really like your Print Plus widget, however we need to overcome some issues after we customized the widget to show just two scales 1:24,000 and 1:100,000:

1. When the frame is set to 1:24k and the user zooms in past the frame, it will return to view upon zooming out.  But, when the scale is set to 1:100k, the frame will not return to view.  The "Show Layout" toggle has no effect.  Only resetting the scale will restore the frame to view.

2. When the “Show Layout” toggle is off, setting the scale will return the frame to view, leaving the toggle unchanged.  When the frame returns it will no longer remain stationary when the user pans from inside the print frame but will move with the basemap as it would be expected to do when the user pans by clicking outside of the print frame.  Neither toggling the value of “Show Layout" nor setting the scale value will restore it to working order.  The app must be reloaded for the widget to return to normal.

3. Normally, if the user pans the print frame to the edge of the map view, it will return to center when the mouse button is released.   If the user pans the print frame out of view and returns it to view before releasing the mouse button, it can also cause the print frame to pan with the basemap.  This may be dependent on position, zoom level, or velocity.  I was able to replicate the issue but it did not happen every time.

Any ideas of how to solve these issues? It is hard to find some troubleshooting on google or any where else.

I will appreciate any help.

Thank you,

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Just to let you know, Larry took a new job a few years ago and is no longer maintaining or updating his widgets. With permission, I did post them (for others that may come across this posting, links can be found in the first comment https://community.esri.com/thread/140865  ) but don't expect Larry to see or respond to you post.

These were also written for in about 2015, so a few version back.  Just an FYI.

Joshua-Young
Occasional Contributor III

Is there any interest in Esri picking up where Larry left off and making that concept part of the default ArcGIS Online/Enterprise experience? I mean actually making it part of the default print service and print widget.

"Not all those who wander are lost" ~ Tolkien