Placing off panel widget direct on Map

Jump to solution
04-18-2018 09:31 AM
deleted-user-bWhhezP4R-ec
New Contributor III

Hi,

I made an off-panel widget. I now want to place it directly on the map, without having to have it originate from one of the widget buttons. Here is how it looks now:

Here is how I would like it to look:

How would I accomplish this given that this is a custom off-panel widget being used in a 10.6 Portal environment?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Cameron,

Off panel widget have to manually added to the main config.json in the onScreenwidgets array section. Just follow the example of the other off panel widgets like the scalebar widget.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Cameron,

Off panel widget have to manually added to the main config.json in the onScreenwidgets array section. Just follow the example of the other off panel widgets like the scalebar widget.

0 Kudos
New Contributor III

Robert,

Is this the config.json file that is in the widget? Or is it the config.json that is in the theme? If it is the one in the theme, then after I modify it, will I have to host the custom theme and add that to the 10.6 Portal, just like I am doing with the custom widget?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Cameron,

I am not a Portal user so my guidance is from a WAB developer perspective. In a WAB app you have a main configuration.json in the apps root.

0 Kudos
New Contributor III

Understood. I see which config you are talking about. It's probably not possible to exercise that degree of control in Portal, so I'll live with it. 

Thank you Robert! You're a lifesaver.

0 Kudos
Stefan_Jung
Esri Contributor

Hi Cameron,

did you manage it to add an off-panel widget to the Portal Web AppBuilder?

Best,

Stefan

0 Kudos
New Contributor III

Hi Stefan,

To my knowledge, there is not a way to add off panel widgets in the Portal Web AppBuilder, without having them attached to a button, or placed in a side panel of some theme. In order to add one properly, I added it in WAB Dev edition and then edited the config.json to control where it is placed, as Robert suggested above. I then took that app that I made in WAB Dev and hosted it on my organization's servers.

0 Kudos
Stefan_Jung
Esri Contributor

Hi Cameron,

thanks for your reply. This is also the way how it currently works for our customer. He wishes to use the Portal Web AppBuilder but still needs the off-panel Widget. Looks like he has to go on with the WAB Dev Edition. Hoperfully there will be a way to intergrate custom off-panal Widget in the future.

Best,

Stefan

0 Kudos