Pictometry and Streetview

03-11-2015 12:50 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Updated post:

Here is my pictometry widget. It's just a way to open a link in a new window to your Pictometry.

Demo link ArcGIS Web Application

GitHub link to code:  kevinsagis/Pictometry-for-WebApp-Builder · GitHub

Per the Read Me I will look into building the option to put Pictometry imagery into the popup inline as well. I've already had success putting video and other stuff in popups so hopefully this won't be too bad. Note also the capability to use your organization's internal EFS viewer with this as well! We use this as well as the Connect Online on Pictometry's cloud.  Instructions for both of these implementations are below, including how to use the required php file.

Here's a Streetview widget that operates similarly:

Demo app link :  ArcGIS Web Application

GitHub link - kevinsagis/Streetview · GitHub

***Update 5/18: New update posted. You can directly enter your server URL in the WebApp Builder in the widget configuration setup. For now it's just the Pictometry Online Connect (IPA).  I will add the internal link field later today or tomorrow.  See the Read Me.txt included for the common URL path formatting for Pictometry. 

48 Replies
StanMcShinsky
Occasional Contributor III

Kevin,

Here is the  help to open a widget at start.

Open a widget at app start—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) | ArcGIS for Developers

Looks good.

-Stan

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Stan,

I updated it to open at startup.

I'll make it user-configurable in the next build, where users don't have to open the file and manually edit, they just put their server link in inside the Config section inside WebApp Builder.

StanMcShinsky

Great. I just noticed too that your Use JQuery widget is under the coordinates widget on the bottom. That can be adjusted in the main config file too.

-Stan

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Stan, updated it. Thanks. You're watching me learn this on the go here!

0 Kudos
StanMcShinsky

Its all good. We all start somewhere and it is great to have a place to get help.

-Stan

0 Kudos
CherylColey
New Contributor II

Thank you Kevin, this great!  I've been struggling with getting Pictometry added to my WAB and this appears to work.  I'm having trouble the URL that gets past to Pictometry, but I think that is a problem on my end, not with your code.  Thanks again.    

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cheryl,

It took a while for us to figure out passing the Pictometry token but I got it at last. Have you gotten that set up yet?

You have to first create a user and password with Pictometry through the EFS Viewer interface (have you got that set up?)

Then, you have to go in to SQL Server in the right table, I think it's "users" or "pol_users" or something like that.  and copy out the token.  Then you pass the username (ie Cheryl@Madeupsite.com) and the token, in the URL. And also pass the lat/long in the URL.  As formatted in my widget example here.

Write back if you get this working. If you need help, Pictometry tech support was really great, so give them a call. They also helped us to get ESRI basemaps working in the Pictometry EFS web viewer and get our services imported into it.  Give them a ring and they'll get you squared away and ask here if you have implementation questions perhaps I can help, or at least try!

Also I'll be posting a Streetview widget today that works like this one, both example and code.

CherylColey
New Contributor II

Kevin,

Our Pictometry images are hosted with Pictometry, so my set up is a little different.  That should still work correct? I'll have to use http://pol.pictometry.com/ipa/v1/load.php. I get 'Authentication Failure, invalid session key' when I get to their page.  We have it working in another JavaScript application, so I know we can get to it. 

Cheryl

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

SCPA  I'll look in to this. I think we may have set something up with Connect on the server side. I'll be sure to get back to you and update the Readme if so.

0 Kudos
AdamGebhart

Kevin,

Thanks for creating this widget and making it available to the rest of us.

I am trying to deploy it but am not entering the correct URL or doing something else wrong.  In coordination with moving from Flex to Javascript (WAB), we are also moving from self-hosting Pictometry imagery to Pictometry as the host, so I think I may be setting up the same thing as Cheryl.

I have the API Key, Secret Key, IPA Load URL and Javascript Library URL that were provided by Pictometry, but I'm not sure how those fit, if at all, into your code.  I've also been trying to work through the Pictometry IPA docs in conjunction with your code but haven't figured that out either.

Can you tell me how these items fit into your widget's code?  Thanks again.

0 Kudos