Passing URL Parameters to 'Near Me' Widget.

05-10-2021 09:30 AM
CalebWilliams2
New Contributor II

Hello,

I've seen documentation for using URL Parameters to query a map, and I need help with doing something similar. I need to pass something from the URL to the 'Near Me' widget. I need to have an account number (13 digit text field) passed from the URL to the main textbox of the widget. I can't figure out where to begin with this, and it's stressing me out. Any help or hints would be a huge help, and greatly appreciated. 

Have a great day, and thank you

0 Kudos
9 Replies
NedCake1
Occasional Contributor

Caleb,

If you turn off the standard Search widget and set Near Me to open as default when the application opens, Near Me will accept the incoming URL parameter. &find={Your Value}. Of course, you'll have to set up your feature layer as a search source in Near Me.

Hope this helps

Ned

LeLuong
New Contributor III

I'm having the same question too.  Thank you very much Ned.

NedCake1
Occasional Contributor

Glad it was helpful!

Cheers

Ned

0 Kudos
KellyArmstrong
Occasional Contributor II

utilize at the end of your URL:  &find={your_account_number_field}

Here is my example:  https://oakdalemn.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=d1364e46bc2a45c6904c7e39e3d617da&f...

NedCake1
Occasional Contributor

Slick popup Kelly! Very nice work!

Ned

KellyArmstrong
Occasional Contributor II

Thank you Ned!

0 Kudos
LeLuong
New Contributor III

That's exactly what I was looking for too.  Very nice work you have there Kelly!

0 Kudos
NedCake1
Occasional Contributor

FYI, 

It works in a similar fashion for the District Look-Up Widget.

https://tlcgis.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=01088164329943b383bce2b73cc959bb&find...

LeLuong
New Contributor III

I did try the "find =...." before but it didn't work with account number.  Now thanks to your detailed explanation that I have to get rid of the 'search' widget for the 'Near me' widget to work.  I got it work now.  Thanks a bunch.

0 Kudos