Onscreen Widget Customization for Cellular

Jump to solution
10-03-2017 10:23 AM
BrandonPrice
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I would like to change the onscreen widgets for the mobile only. The desktop version has a bookmark and a near me widget. I would like to remove the near me entirely and then reduce the icon size and placement of the bookmark widget. I am using the tabbed theme. Is this easy to do?

Thanks,
Brandon

https://community.esri.com/groups/web-appbuilder-custom-themes?sr=search&searchId=bf141f67-89d3-4e25...‌, https://community.esri.com/community/gis/web-gis/web-appbuilder‌, /blogs/myAlaskaGIS/2016/03/09/web-appbuilder-developer-edition-customization-resource-list

34 Replies
PhilBeilin1
Occasional Contributor

I was basing it off of this here:

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

The visible false property would go in that snippet. But Like I said I have not tested the Dashboard theme so this might not work.

0 Kudos
PhilBeilin1
Occasional Contributor

That works, but not well.

It leaves a blank panel at the bottom with the wrong name. The popup can be found when you click on the ">" but it's just very clunky feeling.

Don't worry about it if you don't have time. It's not that important.

0 Kudos
DavidTreering2
New Contributor III

Bug logged with ESRI.

BUG-000110220 : Changes to "mobileLayout" object in config.json file does not reflect in application

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Happy Thursday David TreeringRobert Scheitlin, GISP‌ and everyone, 

Apparently this bug is a still a bug in the current WAB to 2.10. Esri TS confirmed.  Property isn't used. Oddly, they have logged it as Not In Product Plan.  It would be really nice. I prefer to use the official method of doing things vs a hack, whenever possible. We could do this a variety of ways like media queries but those add performance impact (I have read they can if there are many queries) and also it can have cascading impacts and as we all know, you don't want to get a complicated web of CSS and get unexpected conflicts when you use some weirdo screen size or something.

However I decided a semi-clean way to do this is to use the 'mobile' CSS flag from WAB and then target the unique selector id (#) when it's in mobile.

So for me on an app I have for example, it's this one line of CSS:

.jimu-ismobile #widgets_ExtentNavigate_Widget_57
{
display: none !important;
}

Hope this helps. I recommend considering adding it for WAB DE & non-DE 2.11.