Only return fields with values in webmap popup (not null)

07-18-2017 03:51 PM
AdamVellutini
New Contributor III

Hello.  Has anyone discovered a way to return only the fields that have a real value (not null) in a webmap popup?  I know there is not a setting or configuration in either ArcGIS Online or Portal that allows it.  I am wondering if anyone has found a way to customize a popup for this purpose.  Or, has possibly created a widget that does this?  I am working with a feature layer with over 100 fields and in most cases only 15--20 are populated.  It would be great if users didn't have to scroll through the entire list of fields to see what amenities are present at each location.

Thanks!

Adam 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RogerF
by
Occasional Contributor

I have done that in Popup Panel Widget

Popup Panel Widget Version 2.4 - 03/28/17 

You can then modify displayPopUpContent method in widget.js file to filter null attributes.

AdamVellutini
New Contributor III

Thank you for the response.  I downloaded and tested the widget; very nice!  Unfortunately I don't have a ton of experience with javascript.  That said, I will see what I can find about filtering out null attributes.  If you have any additional information you'd like to share about that it would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks again for the response.

Adam

0 Kudos
James_001
Occasional Contributor II

Adam,

In the popup panel in Web map try the Custom  option where you can edit your own expression. Try that!

IIf ( condition , trueValue , falseValue ) returns  { * }

0 Kudos