need emergency help - WAB 2.17 - how to create buffer on wkid:2039 layer (Israel TM Grid)?

Jump to solution
03-11-2021 05:38 AM
MichaelLev
Occasional Contributor III

I'm developing custom widgets for WAB (Develper Edtion) 2.17, Launchpad Theme, on 3D Scenes (ArcGIS API for javascript 4.17).

I have a layer which I need that the polygon areas which are computed automatically, will be correct.

So I use a 2D feaure layer whose spatial reference WKID is 2039 (Israel TM Grid).

But I have a problem - I need to create a buffer, and I am using this code:

var buffers = geometryEngine.geodesicBuffer(
             geometries,           // geometries
             [bufferDistance],  // distance
            "meters",                // unit
            true // unionResults into SINGLE polygon
     );

but it fails, with a weird error mesage: "not implemented yet".

What I assume, is that somehow I don't know how to create a buffer from geometries in a layer,

whose spatial reference wkid is NOT 102100 (that is 3857 WGS 1984 Web Mercator),

but is wkid:2039 (Israel TM Grid).

But I need use wkid:2039 as the layer spatial reference in order that the automatically computed polygon areas will be correct.

Help will be greatly appreciated!

Michael Lev

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Michael,

As a general rule, use geodesicBuffer if the input geometries have a spatial reference of either WGS84 (wkid: 4326) or Web Mercator.

Meaning you should be using buffer and not geodesicBuffer. Also be sure that the input geometries have the spatialReference property with wkid 2039.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
MichaelLev
Occasional Contributor III

@RobertScheitlin__GISP  - Dear Robert, no one responded till now... Can you help please?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Michael,

As a general rule, use geodesicBuffer if the input geometries have a spatial reference of either WGS84 (wkid: 4326) or Web Mercator.

Meaning you should be using buffer and not geodesicBuffer. Also be sure that the input geometries have the spatialReference property with wkid 2039.